Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Goodbyes - Ames 10/10/11

So if you didnt guess, i was transferred. This last couple days have been pretty diffrent from the rest of my mission. All day monday was spend packing and saying goodbyes to all of the friends that i have made over the last four months. Easily the hardest day of my mission. Brother Palmer, one of the ward mission leaders, told me a comforting quote. "The best part of your mission is loving the people. The Hardest part is leaving them. Thats how you know your doing your job." Well he was definatly right, it was really hard to leave the Gila Valley. And leaving on the day of a Baptism... I missed it by only hours. But its not about who is there, its why they are there.
So where am i ?!? The Tucson West Zone. Serving in the Picture Rocks ward. My companion is Elder Turnbull from Eagle Idaho. He has been out on his mission for two transfers! Im Already Senior Companion! Oh my gosh!!! Im super nervous about it. but he seems really cool. . . So im pretty excited about this next transfer.
Some crazy stuff that has been happening as of late. Last week for P-Day we went to a place called red Knolls. Its a way fun place to hike and mess around. While i was there i got stung by a freaking bee! I was so pissed. It hurt for like three days, and spread on my leg and even right now it is still quite bruised looking. I also got a knife this last week. just to carry with me just in case i ever need one. and of course i cut myself with it! lame.
Thats pretty much it for this week. Im still trying to calm down about the changes that are happening. ha. Im just anxious i guess.
Love you all!
Elder Ettinger 


A huge pit at Red Knolls

Bats at Red Knolls

Ames' cut thumb

No comments:

Post a Comment